Listen to "Welcome to my podcast" on Spreaker.

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Random Thought

Thought of the Day...My neighbor across the street from me lost a child last week...only 11 years old...died of an asthma attack in her sleep...Broke my heart. I don't know all of the details behind how that happened nor do I want to know, however I know this much.  African American community kids are more likely to develop asthma and other respiratory diseases than any other ethnic group, yet not too many people seem to know how, or most doctors I've faced won't tell the truth. A lot of it is due to socio-economic reasons, but smoking is also a major issue that most don't want to touch. And in all honesty, the way I've seen some Black people smoke, beit marijuana or cigarettes or those funky fruit-flavored cigars, I don't see any reason for decline for Black babies developing asthma anytime soon. While riding the train yesterday a young man with his son stepped on board, and the young man reeked of marijuana, yet this little boy wouldn't stop crying. I thought to myself he could be crying because of the smell he had to endure... I'm speaking of this issue because a few years back a local children's hospital was running laboratory tests and such on Black kids, claiming to be conducting "research" to determine how could Black youth contract asthma more than any other ethnic group in America. As if they really don't know. Anyway that's all I have to say, because if I say anymore, the way people's thought processes have been hampered, many will take offense and put on their ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE ME shirts, and spew all kinds of names, when all you're doing is bringing an issue to the forefront .

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Bloggy Friends

My Favorite Blogs