Listen to "Welcome to my podcast" on Spreaker.

Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Lighter Side....

Peace y'all,

It's 10:18am, I am getting ready for some extensive work here, and maybe have a few surprises that are closer than you can imagine. I have some serious blogs on the way but I figured right now I would show a lighter side of my art. I am working on a textured landscape, and I can actually say this is one of my hardest projects because I am stuck between dumping it and working more on it.

I spoke to my Facebook and Etsy buddy Bella of BellaCosa Art and she gave me some great ideas on how to work with it and enhance it a little bit more. She has advised me to work on it more and add more dimension to it, so I'm leaning more towards working more and more on it. She is a great artist who has a bit of both rural and more city/eclectic feel to her work. We have become good art buddies, and she is part of my art family, along with all of my friends from all of my Ning sites. I will be featuring her here on a future blog so stay tuned.

The picture is a combination of acrylic, gouache, and oil pastels on a textured surface(of course) and it is a 11 3/4 x 39 3/5 canvas(can't you just feel the challenge?)...lol

Anyway, when I feel good about showing it, I will definitely expose to my family. In the meantime I want to show one of my earlier pictures from my Optical Illusions series that I will be reproducing in the near future(adding some texture to it don't ya know). Maybe it will segueway into another avenue of my projects, which seem to be going into separate directions, but they all have the same theme, to illuminate the overlooked and ignored objects in society....



Thanks to all who have joined my site as well as commented...I luv you all....Quwwa

5 comments:

  1. Your work is simply "Breath Taking"

    Thank you for coming into my life...I love and appreciate you and your flava.

    With Much Respect,

    Lady Flava

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much Lady Flava, you seem to be a very supportive person when it comes to exposing indie art...I wish you much success in all of your endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for taking care of yourself. You seem to have an instinctual understanding of the need for balance in your life. A little bright and light before the dark and dismal. It is also good to try and stretch your skills so you keep growing. Kudos to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that your work is really wonderful too.
    Sorry to of been so absent as of late,but I've been catching up on a lot of things.I hope you are well...

    Much love,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Love Love this painting! Glad you stuck with it! Beautiful garden. I am right there sitting on that white chair sipping on my strawberry cream tea and reading a good book. The birds are chirping, the breeze is blowing... "simply perfect" ~ Tania-Maria

    ReplyDelete

My Bloggy Friends

My Favorite Blogs