Listen to "Welcome to my podcast" on Spreaker.

Friday, January 9, 2009

Are you with me?


Peace ya'll




It's 4:56am, and I am preparing for a weekend, which does not include much, but hey, at least I don't have to work. I have a lot of work to do here at the lab(as I call it), and I don't know where to begin, isn't it GREAT? At times I have tons of ideas popping off the top of my head, and sometimes I need to take it down a bit, so I'll probably cool down with some Speed Racer, Krush Groove or Def Poetry ya know?


I haven't received any notices from the South Dallas Cultural Center about the latest exhibits. I may just tiptoe down there. It's been a while since I've been there. Last year I met some great artists like Frank Frazier, who did an excellent exhibition about the slaveships. He actually had a room with shackles and objects he received from his latest trip from Africa.


Then there was Chuck Siler, who is originally from New Orleans, but moved to Dallas. He is also a political cartoonist, but it was his paintings from the Katrina situation that inspired me...


The best one I remember was the Bruthas with Something to Say, a collection of three artists, who worked with wood, canvas, you name it. There were pictures of homeless people, street people, it was great.


But this year this brother has a whole lot to say, and you will see it right here. Stay tuned for the meaning behind the Lifestyles of the Ignored series..


Take care peeps....

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Bloggy Friends

My Favorite Blogs