Listen to "Welcome to my podcast" on Spreaker.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Which Comes First?(Peepin' the Game)

Peace all...

Just a little heads up on the next upcoming exhibit while I'm at it...The new name of the exhibit will be Grey Matters...Don't ask me now why I want to give it such a name, it's very long and extensive trying to explain it all right now, but believe you me, I thought long and hard on how to approach this next exhibit. The initial date was set for sometime in February in commemoration of Black History Month, however me being the person that I am, always trying to find something different, decided that my project will not actually fit in Black History Month, although it is dealing with issues pertaining to race in America and African Americans in particular, more on that later.

Right now I'm pressed with another issue, as tonight there is a meeting in my local library concerning route changes in the Dallas Area Rapid Transit system, this area will be affected as well with a proposal to eliminate the express bus in my area by early Summer of this year. Those who used to ride the express bus which takes one who lives in my area directly to downtown during the rush hours via the freeway will be inconvenienced instead in going to the nearest train station and taking a train to downtown, which takes MUCH longer and causes much more of an inconvenience for those who just need to go directly to downtown. Without any real reason given on the brochure this decision is made, which again affects an area which continues to see nothing of any good coming this way from City Hall except junk and increased police presence. One look at the brochure clearly shows that the focus is up north, or the newly gentrified areas of Dallas, with elaborate depots being built near downtown, express buses being shifted to the West Plano area, and a 35 million dollar trolley being built which will service the Trinity and "old, resegregated" Oak Cliff areas.



The question I have is does Q finally step up to speak his mind or continue to lay in the cut and continue to make an impression in the community? I mean even if I speak my mind tonight and begin to let these people know that everyone here does not accept what's clearly going on here, and that their gestures only add to the speculation of ghettoization and gentrification here, City Hall is not going to give two cents of concern. The only thing they will do is put me in a "troublemaker" database, and spend their time trying to isolate and incriminate me or anyone in the area who openly opposes the tactics of the greedy, and continue to misinform the community about what the real deal is. C'mon now, I wasn't born yesterday, OK? Anything tonight is only a ceremonial gesture of my support of this neighborhood and human beings' welfare in general. You don't really think these people will change their minds, do you? I've had too much recent experiences on these plantations to know the people in charge will not do ANYTHING...



But do I also continue to lay low and continue to make an impression on a community that is nothing short of lethargic, whose main concern is "husslin' and stayin' alive" or even worse, preoccupied with some of the most self destructive mechanisms of self hate, conspicuous consumption on this side of the globe, pointing fingers at the supposed high level of crime that they claim keeps the "good" grocery stores and businesses from thinking of setting up shop over here, and agreeing with the corporate media, who justifies the growing police presence, so called gang units, and helicopters flying consistently over my area as if a person can't walk the streets alone here? I mean I walk the streets here DAILY and have rarely come across any hostilities here, but what can one Black man do when the major media outlet in Dallas comes to his area and broadcasts a scene featuring 20-25 police cars, two helicopters, all over one dude who jumped out of a bus after shooting another passenger on the bus? I guarantee you this type of stuff doesn't happen at the other side of town...



Either way, Q will make a statement, God Willing....Stay Tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Bloggy Friends

My Favorite Blogs